Thursday 29 November 2012

Some of my favourite photos of 2012

While I started this blog with the intention of uploading trip reports and photos from that point onwards I've decided I'd like to share some of my favourite images from 2012.  All of these were took on my Iphone 4 and I've continuously been suprised by how good the camera is on this thing!  All the photos are my own and have had the instagram treatment. Yeah, I know the effects are like Marmite to most, but I think for a camera on a phone they look alright.  Naturally, they won't come close to my dslr but for snapshots they do the trick!

And on with the show!


This first shot is from January on Bleaklow, took about half a mile East of the Pennine Way looking towards Lady Clough and Kinder Scout.

 
 
These next two were took in February.  Amazingly we were in the middle of a heat wave and the temperature must have been around 20C at least. I was in short and a T-shirt and got sun burnt!  Both are from the East, on the Pennine Way while heading towards Kinder Downfall on the hunt for Dean Read's geochocing cache (which I successfully found).





This was taken on Shelf Moor, Bleaklow, Looking roughly South towards the Snake Pass.  I replaced Dean's cache up here to continue the game a couple of weeks after finding it originally.  This is one of my favourite places in the Peak District and is only a couple of hundred metres from the Overexposed plane wreckage which I wrote about in my Halloween Ghost Hunting post.



These next two were took in the summer from the top and about a quarter down Doctor's Gate.  Doctor's Gate is a bridleway and a notorious Mountain Biking descent...it's awesome, if a little painful at times.  Originally the track was a Roman road, commonly travelled by a Doctor, hence the name.  Both the photos were took the same day on my new (at the time) bikes maiden voyage.  It's a Vitus Escarpe 2 and for the money it's a right little monster (super slack, 140mm).
 



This was taken in Lady Clough Forest, early Autumn.  For those who've never visited it's a really surreal place and somewhere I've often gone for a leisurely stroll with the dog and other half.



Finally, the most recent, taken around September, October time.  It's from the top of Shire Hill, on the outskirts of Glossop.  This is virtually my back garden since it's a 5 minute walk to the base of the hill from my house.  I love the effect the dew made on all the spiderwebs.
 


That's all for now, but expect plenty of new photos in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment